cyclocampingforum.com
October 24, 2017, 04:11:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: shipping bicycles from bangkok to holland  (Read 2770 times)
maaikecoen
Scout

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2010, 06:45:19 AM »
ReplyReply

hello all,

we have an urgent question. At the moment we are traveling by bicycle through south east asia and soon we will finish our cycletour in Bangkok. Since we really like our 2 chinese bought bicycles, we would like to have them at home. But how do we send them to holland?

we already asked information at different airlines but since we don´t fly ourselves (we will continue our trip without bicycles in india) it´ll cost us around € 500,- per bicycle which is way too much for us.

we also asked the postoffice (they don´t send bicycles) and DHL and FEDEX but that will cost us around € 300,- per bicycle which is still too expensive.

the problem is the volume of the bicycle (lenght1.75cm/hight1.10cm/width30cm), not the weight (18kg), which makes it so expensive.

now we are looking for a shipping company that will be able to send our bicycles to Holland. Can anyone recommend such a company and give us their contactdetails so we can arrange the shipping soon?

would be VERY helpfull! Thanks a lot on forhand!

greets,
maaike and coen from amsterdam
Stephane
Administrator
Explorer

cyclocamping cyclocamping
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 09:16:49 AM »
ReplyReply

Hi guys,

Thanks for joining CycloCamping Forum.

I already responded to you on a different post. Did you try to contact Ali? I really think that freight is your best option.

I will copy my previous post here, but first I wanted to give you another website that might be helpful: they will allow you to receive a freight quote from several different companies, including LTL (less than truckload) services: freightquote.com

Here is a copy of the post:

The most economical way to ship your bikes would be by sea freight. It is way cheaper than postal service, FedEx, or by air. But that means you will need someone to pick it up at a port. Some freight companies would forward it to a private address, but that will considerably raise the price.

I know someone who bought goods in Thailand for resale in the US (handicrafts, clothes, etc).  He used a freight company, and the contact name was Habib and his mobile is/was (661) 7622919 (I'm pretty sure he does Europe too). He had been one of the cheapest in BKK. I don't know if he's still in business.

Otherwise you can try the following:
Flash International Transport Sea Freight
flash@flashinter.com
Flash International Transport Co., Ltd.
149 Galaxy Place Building, 4th Floor,
Room No. 4/2, Nonsee Road,
Chongnonsee, Yannawa,
Bangkok 10120, Thailand
Tel. 66-2681-2400 to 11 (Auto)
Fax. 66-2681-2413 to 4

I hope this helps... let me know.

It is a great idea to keep those Chinese bikes!

« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 07:46:46 PM by Stephane » Logged

maaikecoen
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 02:09:18 AM »
ReplyReply

thanks again! decided after checking prices with flash international (€300) and other companies that we take the bicycles to india and decide there how we will continue. i did not contact Habib, so i cannot confirm if he still does business.
thanks and happy cycling!
maaike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: