cyclocampingforum.com
September 23, 2017, 03:58:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what racks do u use?  (Read 1803 times)
liquidmonkey
Traveler

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2010, 12:27:25 AM »
ReplyReply

just wondering what racks (front and rear) people that tour are using and why?
i have a OLD MAN MOUNTAIN sherpa FRONT rack and need a rear one to match now.
am thinking the rear SHERPA but maybe the RED ROCK is the better choice since its made for a heavier load and CHEAPER which i sort of don't get?
fenlabiz
Traveler

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 06:26:45 AM »
ReplyReply

I believe the best seller brand for racks is Tubus. probably popular because they are nearly indestructible...
tony
Traveler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 08:18:11 AM »
ReplyReply

yep Tubus is the way to go. They are very sturdy, they got a wide selection so you can get what ever you need... and they look cool Smiley I used them for the front and the rear for many years and many miles and they never failed. I met a few guys traveling with some Bruce Gordon and they were happy with them too. I heard Racktime also has good stuff.
Austinshredman
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 11:35:59 AM »
ReplyReply

Yep.  Tubus is the best.  I currently have a Bontrager(Back Rack II) for a 29'er on my Karate Monkey.  It has the little spacers to allow a disk break, but it is not very strong.  It is okay for small loads that are secured well.
hartleymartin
Wanderer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 05:29:13 AM »
ReplyReply

I use a Tioga Touring Rack. It is fairly inexpensive, and reasonably good. I don't do any of the round-the-world type touring. Mostly weekend and short touring trips, so if it does eventually break, I'm not in big trouble, and it's not expensive to fix/replace.
ajriding
Scout

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 06:25:27 PM »
ReplyReply

Probably a little off what u are looking for but I have been using a mtb for some off-road touring.  The Civia Loft post mount rack is a great rack, it has side pieces so u can use side panniers, something hard to do with test post mount racks.  http://www.xtremebikeandsport.com/Civia-Loft-Pannier-Seatpost-Rack-Silver/M/B003RLJRSA.htm  ( i have no relation to this link, just a pic).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: